I am on MC today.
Reached NUH about 11.10am and waited as usual to see Dr James Hui. It was rather fast today as the average waiting time can be about 1 to 2 hours.
When I went in, I had a tiny shock because surrounding the room was like a gang of doctors. I think they are supposedly trainees.
Dr Hui showed my dad and I the scope pictures and although I didn't know how to see it, there was a difference in the previous pictures. It did showed that the knee was 'repaired' and there wasn't any messy and torn tissues. Then my dad asked about the success rate of the op and Dr Hui said, "I would say about 80%." When asked about the 20% he replied that after an op, it can never be perfect.
Yeah..I was then told to proceed to room 15 to remove my stiches. I sat up on a bed and stretched my legs out. The nurse got a dressing kit ready and I didn't felt afraid to look at how she removed the stiches. I remembered the first time after my first op, I looked away because I didn't dared to look. Anyway, I only felt very slight pain and weird feelings when the stiches were removed. As nurses always say, it was like an ant bite. Yup, which was quite true or perhaps maybe I was already immuned to all these kinda stuffs after going through 3 ops. Yup, so after cleaning up, the nurse sprayed some dressing and it is covered once again with a transparent dressing film.
My dad went out to check something with the nurse. And that's when I experienced something a little scary.
I walked out of the room and all of a sudden, I was extremely dizzy.
Oh no am I going to faint?As I walked quickly towards the chairs to take a sit, images were blurred and everything became so bright and glaring. Voices and noises were echoeing in my ears and for the first time in my life I felt so afraid. I felt so helpless not knowing what to do. I closed my eyes but when I did, I felt that I may go into a deep sleep and never wake up again. Anytime soon, my world would blanked out and I tried my very best to stay alert and awake.
My head was spinning and I saw my dad walking back to me. I told him that I was feeling giddy and he told me to lean down and put my head down between my legs. Felt a bit better after that.
It was a terrible feeling when you are about to faint. At that time, I seriously had the feeling like I was between heaven and earth. No kidding. I am still feeling a little dizzy till now. But it's much better. Think I need to get some rest. Oh yes, one good news.. I can go back to sports again. =)